Let's get ''quoting'' ...

by - 06:00

Hello everyone hope you’re having a fab day! In today’s post, I’m going to talk about my favourite quotes … If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen these floating around but I thought I would take a moment to explain why they are my favourite quotes.


The first quote is ‘’someone once told me not to bite of more than I could chew. I said I’d rather choke on greatness than nibble of mediocrity.’’ This quote speaks to me because one of my greatest fears is living a mediocre life and that’s not to say that my life must be out of this world or the most extraordinary. I want to be able to live a life that I consider to be full and that I love. If I know that I can be more, or do better than I’m going to do whatever it takes to achieve that. I find that life is way too short to be living especially if it’s the life you don’t want to live or one you consider ok, knowing that it could be more.


The second quote is ‘’The same hammer that shatters glass forges steel’’. When I first heard this quote, it was in an episode of Arrow. When I heard, it I thought ‘’Yes, I like that quote!’’ I love that it talks about how it’s not your circumstances that defines you but it’s how you overcome them. The hammer in this quote is the circumstances or the hardships that life throws at you. The steel and the glass is representative of what you are once you come out of these circumstances. Two people can be put into the same circumstances and they could come out completely different from one another. Sub-quote ‘’winner learn, never loose’’. What I like about this is, it ties into the previous quote. It doesn’t mean that if you come out feeling like you’re the glass, that you’ve lost or your weak it gives you a chance to regroup and learn. You’re experiences even the bad ones, they should never make you feel like you’ve lost. They should just be a driven force to make you learn you’re your mistakes or to make you want to be better. It’s important in my eyes to always push yourself to best you can be even if you’re circumstance are not the best you can always find ways to come out of them stronger.



The third and final quote today is ‘’Throw me to the wolves, and I’ll return leading the pack’’. What I took from this quote is there is always going to be people who will tear you down or have high expectations of you. If you don’t meet them they will just put you down for it aka ‘’throw you to the wolves’’! You can always come back stronger and prove them wrong.  Don’t doubt yourself, the moment you do you give them the power. 


That’s it for today’s post if you have any quotes you love please leave them in the comments because I would personally love to read through them. Also click on the icon below for all my social media links.



You May Also Like

0 comments

Pages